“In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable.” Dwight D. Eisenhower
Planning how the data will be managed in a project is as important as project design. By creating a data management plan (DMP), it is much easier to ensure that the data produced during the project follow the Open Science and FAIR principles required by various stakeholders.
By the end of this lesson you will:
- Know the benefits of DMPs
- Know the sections of a typical DMP
- Know tools to assist in writing a DMP
- Have experience in writing a DMP using an online tool called Data Stewardship Wizard
- Know where to get help in future DMP writing
Follow the instructions in Setup in order to be prepared for the excercise part of this lesson.